- CEO Italic
- Founder FountainCarbon
- Owner Tonari AnimationNot PotCourtlyCMIIC
- 2015,Thiel FellowS15YC
- I read &DMs.
- Inbox is my todo list. Please follow up if I missed your email.
- Prefer email/text; don’t consider rude if I suggest async.
- Kindly avoid general networking (nohello.net).
- I invest my own $ for fun. Category-agnostic early-stage.
- Silent unless called on. Any success is due to founders/GPs.
- Value: network of investors, execs, founders and feedback.
- Believe market > product > founder (not always, but usually).
- Angel/LP in ~120 startups & funds.
- I don’t like managing.
- My primary job is to set a high bar and a fast pace.
- Flattest org possible with as little rank and file as necessary.
- Will micromanage until mutual trust.
- Enjoy ultra-focused, small teams of experienced ICs.
- Grew up in Chicago suburbs. Lived in Boston, SF, Shenzhen, LA.
- Live in Park City with my wife Kati. Frequently visit SF/LA.
- Enjoy skiing, tennis, fishing, cooking, and biking.
An Honest Year as a Dropout
Park City Recs
The Modern Workforce
Why Software Companies Hide Pricing